Connect with us

Entertainment

Anne Hathaway Reacts to Julie Andrews Passing on Princess Diaries 3

Published

on

Anne Hathaway is still leaving the door open for Julie Andrews to change her mind and come back for “The Princess Diaries 3,” but also wants to be “respectful” of the 90-year-old legend’s wishes.

“First of all, I just want to say, if she has a change of heart, we’re down,” Hathaway told Entertainment Tonight at D23 Expo this week.

“But we also want to be respectful. Like, she’s — for goodness sakes, if anybody’s contributed to the world of entertainment and to our collective joy, it’s her,” Hathaway gushed. “Whatever she wants, we completely understand.”

The actress, now 43 and recognized at the Disney fan experience in Anaheim on Sunday as an official Disney Legend, is coming back for “The Princess Diaries 3” as star and producer with director Adele Lim, the filmmaker behind the comedy “Joy Ride.” She admitted that the team “did push really hard to see if she would want to do it,” but ultimately it wasn’t in the cards.

Andrews confirmed her decision in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month.

“I think the absolute truth is that I think I’m really past all that now,” Andrews said. “I’m not completely retired, but it’s a different kind of work that I do these days — [writing] books, and I do a lot of recording of podcasts and voiceovers. But truly, I don’t think I should be a part of it.”

Separately, “The Princess Diaries 3” got a promising update as Hathaway made the press rounds for “The Odyssey.” Speaking with Andy Cohen, she said that the long-awaited sequel is “moving in the right direction.”

“I’m busy making baby number three, and that has sort of taken the place of knowing exactly when I can make ‘Princess Diaries 3,’” Hathaway joked, while holding her baby bump, before revealing, “I can say I think we had a story breakthrough.”

“I think that we’re moving in the right direction. The script that we were working on had, you know, we kind of had to start over with this new direction, which is not the update I think anybody wants,” Hathaway added, noting, “But we all feel really good that this is going to be the one.”

Back on the D23 carpet with Entertainment Tonight on Sunday, the actress emphasized that at the end of the day, she just wants “it to be fun” for longtime fans of the Disney franchise.

“I want the women who were six when the first one came out — a lot of whom are now mothers themselves maybe even with six-year-olds — I want them to feel like they’re bringing their children to something that mattered to them, a core memory for them, something that was a part of their heart and their lives,” Hathaway shared. “And that means doing it justice and that means taking the time that it takes to build it right. That’s a lot of pressure, but I feel like this is a great team.”

>

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Seth Meyers Questions Future of WHCD After ‘Decoy Plane’ Drama

Published

on

Seth Meyers may be off the air, but he’s still ready to roast Donald Trump for the president’s “decoy plane” fiasco.

“Do you think now, the press should stop doing the White House Correspondents Dinner after we know that the president put them all on a plane that was a decoy plane,” Meyers laughed on Wednesday. “So the president was in a different plane because it was too dangerous to be in a plane that the press was on. I mean, this story, I thought we’d heard everything that was great about — not great, let me stress. None of it’s great. That we’d heard all of the craziest details about President Trump leaving Turkey on the old Air Force One.”

Meyers got together with “Late Night With Seth Meyers” writer Sal Gentile on “A Closer Look Out of Office,” a YouTube show where they could casually break down some of the biggest stories that have occurred during their hiatus. They opened the episode by breaking down the story of Trump sneaking off of a plane in Turkey due to a perceived assassination threat from Iran, with members of the press and Trump’s own staff left behind on the plane that was supposedly at risk.

“He wasn’t on that plane because it wasn’t safe to be on that plane,” Meyers quipped.

“In fact, he hid in a catering cart to go from the decoy plane to where he would actually fly from,” Gentile added. “So my answer to your question would be I think they should only do it, the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, if everybody can fit into the catering cart and do it there.”

“I will say, if it was fun, if it was a good-natured thing, it would be very fun if he said he wasn’t coming and then a big catering truck drove down the aisle and they played rock and roll music and he came out the back,” Meyers added. You can watch the full video below.

Trump drew criticism for the stunt, which endangered those who remained on the “decoy plane,” after it was first confirmed by the Washington Post on August 10. The White House Correspondents’ Association directly commented on the matter, releasing a statement sharing that they met with Trump’s senior administration officials amid concerns over press safety.

“I will say this: Do you know how real the risk has to be to also risk letting him … run wild in a catering truck?” Meyers offered.

>

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Hayden Panettiere’s Death Probe Adds Drug Enforcement Agency

Published

on

The Drug Enforcement Agency joined the probe into the death of actress Hayden Panettiere Wednesday, according to multiple media reports.

Sources told ABC News on Wednesday that the DEA is now assisting the Greenville City Police Department in South Carolina, which remains the lead investigative agency on the case. TMZ also reported that the DEA is assisting on parallel death investigations into Panettiere’s passing, as the Greenville police department and the coroner’s office are both currently investigating the matter.

Representatives for the DEA, Greenville police department and Panettiere did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

However, the update did come a day after the local authorities shared details from the scene, which occurred at a private residence in Greenville where she was pronounced dead.

Per the report, an officer responded to an EMS assist request for an unresponsive individual on Sunday. The officer arrived at the residence in question, noting that Panettiere had been with her on-again, off-again boyfriend Brian Hickerson, as well as his brother, Zack, at the time of her passing.

The report noted that it was unknown if the actress had been using drugs or alcohol when she died. Though, the officer’s report said Brian had showed them a bag of medication she had been taking.

On Monday, the coroner’s office shared that Panettiere’s cause and manner of death “remain pending [amid] further investigation and the completion of additional studies.” However, per dispatch calls reviewed by People and TMZ, the event was called in by an Emergency Medical Service worker reporting an apparent overdose.

Panettiere, a veteran actress known for her work on “Heroes,” “Nashville,” the “Scream” franchise and “Remember the Titans,” was only 36. Her father, Skip Panettiere, shared word of her death Sunday night in a statement to media.

“It is with profound sadness that we share the tragic passing of our beloved Hayden,” he said at the time. “She was an incredible light and a force of nature who brought immeasurable love and joy to all who knew her — and to the millions who watched her onscreen.”

She is survived by her daughter Kaya, whom she shared with ex Wladimir Klitschko.

>

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Palisades Fire Suspect Pleads Not Guilty to Revised Charges

Published

on

The man accused of starting the Palisades Fire that destroyed thousands of homes in January 2025 pleaded not guilty to revised federal arson charges against him.

Jonathan Rinderknecht, 30, is accused of starting a fire along a hiking trail above Pacific Palisades on Jan. 1, 2025. The fire was not fully extinguished. Prosecutors allege that the small fire, fueled by strong Santa Ana winds, grew into the Palisades Fire, which killed 12 people and destroyed about 6,000 homes and other structures.

In the first trial in June, the jury came to a deadlocked 10-2 decision in favor of acquittal on all three felony counts. The prosecution characterized Rinderknecht’s New Year’s Day fire and the Palisades fire as a single, continuous event.

A federal judge declared a mistrial June 25 after jurors failed to reach a verdict following nearly two days of deliberations.

Rinderknecht was initially charged with three federal counts in connection with the fire, including destruction of property by fire, arson affecting property used in interstate commerce and setting timber afire.

The new indictment against the Uber driver narrows the case to two felony counts, dropping one of the charges he previously faced.

Rinderknecht was arrested in Florida nine months after the Palisades fire erupted.

In his closing statements of the June trial, Rinderknecht’s defense attorney Steven Haney argued that “this case is not about whether fire happened,” adding, “It’s about cause and integrity.”

“You might not like Jonathan at the end of this trial, but that doesn’t mean he’s guilty,” Haney added. “You’re not to convict a man if you don’t like him.”

Investigators found that the suspect was working as an Uber driver on New Year’s Eve, and that he parked and walked up a trail after dropping a passenger off in the Palisades. He allegedly took videos showing himself lighting objects on fire.

His retrial is scheduled to start Nov. 2.

>

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.