Connect with us

Entertainment

Perez Hilton’s Site Resumes Operations as Blogger Remains Hospitalized

Published

on

Perez Hilton‘s website resumed operations on Monday, as the blogger remains hospitalized following a livestreamed self-harm incident earlier this month.

“At this time, Perez remains hospitalized and is receiving the medical care he needs,” his family shared in a Sunday statement on PerezHilton.com. “His treatment is continuing in an inpatient setting under the care of a dedicated team of medical and mental health professionals.”

“Perez built PerezHilton.com more than 20 years ago, and it has remained one of the most important parts of his life ever since. Starting this week, his team will begin publishing again, focusing on the day’s biggest stories,” the statement continued. “For now, Perez’s health remains the priority as his team keeps the site active and moving forward.”

Hilton, whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, was removed from his Miami-area home by law enforcement officers and taken to a local hospital on the evening of Tuesday, Aug. 4, after police received concerned calls about Hilton. Earlier that same evening, the blogger had hosted a TikTok livestream in which he appeared to repeatedly harm himself, winding up covered in blood in the process.

The TikTok livestream has since been removed from the site. On Aug. 5, the social media platform attributed the minutes it remained up to a “moderator error.”

Four days after he was hospitalized, Hilton’s team shared online that the blogger was in “serious but stable” condition. “We want to confirm that Perez remains hospitalized under Florida’s Baker Act,” Hilton’s team wrote on Aug. 8. “His communication has been extremely limited and confined to immediate family, medical providers and others directly involved in his care.”

“He experienced significant blood loss and sustained additional injuries that will require surgery in the coming days,” they continued. “His treatment and recovery will be a long process.”

In a Thursday interview with Page Six, Barbara Lavandeira, Hilton’s sister, slammed those online who have been quick to label the blogger’s self-harm incident an act of “karma.”

“The comments calling this ‘karma’ have been especially painful,” she said. “I wouldn’t wish what my mother, Mario’s children or our entire family is experiencing on anyone.”

“I don’t believe someone should be reduced forever to the worst things they did in their past, especially when they’ve admitted the harm and genuinely tried to grow,” Barbara added. “Whatever anyone thinks about Mario, his children and our mother are innocent. They shouldn’t be punished or tormented because of how people feel about him.”

If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat at 988lifeline.org.

>

Continue Reading

movies

Dan Ahdoot Special ‘Yes, I Am Falafel Phil’ Sets Release Date

Published

on

Comedy Dynamics is set to release Yes, I Am Falafel Phil, a new comedy special from Dan Ahdoot, across Prime Video, Apple TV and other platforms on Tuesday, Aug. 18.

In the special, Ahdoot takes on post-breakup fitness, foodie culture, dating, family and the absurdity of becoming a minor celebrity to children. As he chases adulthood and Hollywood validation, one Disney Channel role keeps following him: Falafel Phil from the show Kickin’ It. Shot live at the New York Comedy Club, the special is about identity, success and accepting the embarrassing version of yourself that everyone else remembers.

“This special is the result of years on the road,” Ahdoot said, “and I’m so excited the world finally gets to see what Falafel Phil has been up to.”

Comedy Dynamics CEO Brian Volk-Weiss told us, “Dan is a multi-talented comedian that’s continuing to rise in comedy. We’re excited to share his hilarious new special with the world.”

A headlining stand-up comic, actor and writer, Ahdoot’s credits in television include Netflix’s Cobra Kai and The Crew and the comedy Bajillion Dollar Propertie$. A frequent guest on The Tonight Show, he’s also been seen in ABC’s Super Fun Night with Rebel Wilson, Comedy Central’s Workaholics and @midnight, and Adult Swim’s Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell.

Ahdoot wrote the film Public Disturbance for Lionsgate, in addition to the memoir Undercooked, and has developed for television at CBS, ABC, Fox, Hulu and Freeform. He currently co-hosts the podcast Second Thought with Suzy Weiss at The Free Press and is repped by Innovative Artists and Entertainment 360.

>

Continue Reading

movies

‘Miami Vice’ Pic Starring Michael B. Jordan Adds Whitney Peak To Cast

Published

on

Joseph Kosinski’s new take on the classic 80s TV series Miami Vice is adding on to its already stacked cast as sources tell Deadline Whitney Peak is set to join Universal’s Miami Vice ’85. Alden Ehrenreich recently was added to the cast. Kosinski will direct with a script by Dan Gilroy.

The film explores the glamour and corruption of mid-’80s Miami in an all-new version of Miami Vice, inspired by the pilot episode of the landmark Universal Television series that influenced culture and set the style of everything from fashion to filmmaking. Bringing current technological expertise to the sights and sounds of the series, Miami Vice ‘85  will be filmed for Imax and is set for release on May 19, 2028. Production will begin this year.

The film is produced by Dylan Clark/Dylan Clark Productions and Kosinski. Gilroy’s script is based on characters created by Anthony Yerkovich from the series he executive produced with Michael Mann. Eric Warren Singer wrote an earlier draft of the screenplay. EVP Production Development Sara Scott and Creative Executive of Production Development Christina Hoffrogge will oversee the project for the studio. 

While the X-Men auditions ever taken up a lot of the air space when it comes to hot roles for rising stars, the female leads in Miami Vice after secretly gained a ton of attention. Peak was one of many female actors testing for the part with the final chem tests taking place with Michael B. Jordan last month (while unconfirmed, sources say Field will play Jordan’s love interest in the pic). Peak would ultimately land the role with production set to start top of 2026.

Peak will next be seen playing ‘Lenore Dove’ in The Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping opposite Joseph Zada, set for a November 20 worldwide release, as well as the Amazon/MGM film 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank, directed by SMILF creator Frankie Shaw.

She most recently starred in the Netflix shark thriller Thrash opposite Phoebe Dynevor which released worldwide in April on Netflix reaching #1 worldwide within 24 hours of release.

She is repped by CAA, Play Management, Canopy Media Partners and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.

>

Continue Reading

Entertainment

PR Veteran Katie Martin Kelley Leaves Warner Bros. for Netflix

Published

on

A big shakeup in the PR world: Warner Bros.’ EVP of Communications Katie Martin Kelley is jumping ship to Netflix, where she’ll serve as VP of Communications under film chief Dan Lin.

Kelley will report to Netflix’s Chief Communications Officer Dani Dudeck and starts on Sept. 8.

“I’m excited to welcome Katie to Netflix as our VP of Communications, Film. She brings more than 20 years of experience from some of the world’s most renowned studios, where she’s worked with some of the industry’s most celebrated storytellers. I look forward to partnering with her as we support Netflix’s ambitious global film slate,” said Dudeck in statement.  

More to come…

>

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.