Connect with us

Entertainment

Trump Tells CNN’s Kristen Holmes to ‘Be Quiet’ in Recent Clash

Published

on

President Donald Trump repeatedly told CNN White House correspondent Kristen Holmes to “be quiet” Monday after she pressed him about his conversations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The exchange came during an Oval Office event honoring teenage lifeguard Ryder Williams, where Trump said earlier that he had recently communicated with the North Korean leader.

After another reporter asked whether Trump was prioritizing North Korea over longtime U.S. allies by scaling back military exercises with South Korea, Trump argued that his relationship with Kim made the region safer.

“Kim Jong-un has always treated me with great respect,” Trump said. “I understand him, he understands me.”

Holmes then asked whether Kim had requested that Trump scale back the exercises.

“Quiet. You’re very disrespectful in front of this young man, okay?” Trump said, referring to Williams. “Don’t you find her disrespectful?”

As Holmes continued, Trump asked which outlet she worked for.

“I’m with CNN,” Holmes replied.

“Fake news,” Trump said.

“You’re a loud, boisterous person. You’re faking news!” he added before again telling Holmes, “Be quiet!”

The White House escalated Monday’s clash after the event. Its Rapid Response account attacked Holmes on X as a “disgraceful, humiliating embarrassment to her alleged profession” and accused her of using an event honoring Williams to take “a cheap shot.”

“These scumbags are the lowest of the low,” the account added.

“Kristen Holmes is one of the most respected and accomplished journalists covering the White House,” a CNN spokesperson said in response. “This afternoon, she did her job and asked the President of the United States a tough, relevant, and newsworthy question on behalf of the American people. Public officials are free to challenge reporting they disagree with, but personal attacks on journalists for asking questions are beneath the office and inconsistent with the principles of a free press. We stand firmly behind Kristen and reject these attacks in the strongest possible terms.” 

You can watch the exchange yourself in the video below.

The confrontation marked the latest instance of Trump personally attacking a female reporter who dared to question him. TheWrap chronicled a series of similar incidents in December, involving journalists from CNN, ABC News, CBS News, Bloomberg, Newsday and The New York Times.

Those included Trump telling Bloomberg reporter Catherine Lucey, “Quiet, quiet piggy!” as she questioned him about the Jeffrey Epstein files. He also called CNN’s Kaitlan Collins “stupid and nasty,” asked CBS News’ Nancy Cordes if she was “stupid” and called ABC News’ Rachel Scott an “obnoxious” and “terrible reporter.”

>

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Lioness’ Criticized by Real Operatives It’s Based On

Published

on

While taking creative liberties when making a television show is par for the course in Hollywood, that doesn’t always mean the real-life counterparts to the source material are OK with it. That’s the case with Taylor Sheridan’s “Lioness.”

The Paramount+ series kicked off its highly anticipated third season on Sunday. It stars Zoe Saldaña and Nicole Kidman and follows a top-secret CIA task force that uses female soldiers to befriend the wives and daughters of terrorists in an effort to stop major attacks from the inside.

Sheridan based the show on the real-life Team Lioness, which was formed by the U.S. Marine Corps during the Iraq War in 2003. The group had nothing to do with the CIA but was made up of mechanics, engineers and combat medics who joined male soldiers to protect translators and assist in searching women. At the time, the U.S. Department of Defense had a policy that excluded women from certain combat roles. Despite this, the women became some of the first female service members to engage in offensive ground combat operations in U.S. military history.

“It makes me mad that it doesn’t follow what we did at all,” Ranie Ruthig, one of the original Lionesses, told The Telegraph in an interview published Sunday. “They took the Team Lioness name and twisted it into a spy thing. I like Taylor Sheridan’s writing – I’ve watched his other shows – but he took our history and kind of corrupted it.”

According to Kate Guttormsen, a captain and the only female company commander in the 1st Engineer Battalion, the Lionesses “would do anything from going to schools and handing out soccer balls to finding intel.”

“The term Lioness is now honorific,” Daria Sommers, who co-directed a “Lioness” documentary about the team, said while discussing the “complex feelings” the show has created for the veterans. “The key thing is it has no basis in reality.”

She continued: “I’m not critiquing Nicole Kidman or Zoe Saldaña – they should get all the kick-ass adventure roles they want. But if Taylor Sheridan had called the show something else, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.”

“It feels like appropriation,” Michelle Dallocchio, part of Team Lioness in 2004 and ’05, added. “I see a really complicated women’s wartime history repackaged into something safer and sanitized for mass consumption – while erasing the actual women who lived it.”

TheWrap has reached out to Paramount for comment.

Sheridan has never purported that the show is a real-life adaptation, but rather that it was inspired by a true story. “The fun thing about ‘Lioness,’ which is, I can’t say ripped from the headlines, because I’ve tried to guess what’s going to happen politically and then fictionalize that,” Sheridan said during a July interview on “The Joe Rogan Experience.” “The fact that I’ve managed to be right is pretty [expletive] wild.”

>

Continue Reading

movies

Trump Fumes At CNN Reporter Who Asked About Natalie Harp

Published

on

Donald Trump fumed at CNN‘s Kristen Holmes as she tried to ask him about his communications with North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un.

In the Oval Office on Monday, Trump had been defending his relationship with Kim, saying that “I understand him. He understands.” The president posted on Truth Social on Sunday that he was ordering the military to reduce joint military exercises with South Korea.

Holmes attempted to ask a follow up, but Trump lashed out at her. “Quiet, quiet. You’re very disrespectful in front of this young man.”

The president gestured at Nathaniel Rai, a 10-year-old who was rescued from rough surf in Santa Cruz by lifeguard Ryder Williams, who sat across from him in the Oval Office.

“Okay, don’t you find her disrespectful?” Trump said to the boy. “He understands. Quiet.”

Trump asked Holmes which outlet she was with. When she said CNN, he said, “Fake news. You’re fake news. You’re a loud, boisterous person. You’re fake news. Be quiet…You’re a fake reporter, and you report fake news.”

Holmes is CNN’s senior White House correspondent.

Earlier in the Oval Office availability, Holmes had asked Trump about a comment made by Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-GA), who said that the president would rather travel with your aide, Natalie Harp, and build the ballroom, than do his job as president.

“What is your response?” Holmes asked.

Trump called Ossoff a “Pee Wee Herman lookalike” before defending the ballroom.

The White House’s rapid response account, though, blasted Holmes and called her “a disgraceful, humiliating embarrassment to her alleged profession. @POTUS hosts a hero lifeguard in the Oval Office and she uses it as an opportunity to take a cheap shot about one of President Trump’s staffer.”

In another post, the White House wrote to Holmes, “Someday, your children will come across your disgusting and inhumane question. They will be sickened and embarrassed to have a parent be so callous and vindictive. It’s quite troubling.”

The network said in a statement, “Kristen Holmes is one of the most respected and accomplished journalists covering the White House. This afternoon, she did her job and asked the President of the United States a tough, relevant and newsworthy question on behalf of the American people. Public officials are free to challenge reporting they disagree with, but personal attacks on journalists for asking question are beneath the office and inconsistent with the principles of a free press. We stand firmly behind Kristen and reject these attacks in the strongest possible terms.”

Trump said that the North Korean leader had responded to his request to have a conversation. ” get along with him. He didn’t like Biden. He didn’t like Obama. He didn’t like anybody. But I get along with him very well.” He criticized South Korea, the U.S. ally, for not helping with the war with Iran.

>

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nancy Guthrie Case: Human Remains Found 15 Miles From Home Are Not Connected

Published

on

Police found human remains “in a desert area” roughly 15 miles from Nancy Guthrie’s home on Monday morning but, according to officials, there is “no indication” that said remains are connected to her February disappearance.

“The remains appear to have been at the location for an extended period of time,” the Pima County Sheriff’s Department posted on social media Monday afternoon. “At this time, there is no indication they are connected to the Nancy Guthrie investigation.”

Late last month, the Pima County Sheriff’s Department released the text of two ransom notes sent to media in the week after her kidnapping from the individual claiming to have abducted “Today” host Savannah Guthrie’s mother. The second of those notes said Nancy Guthrie “perished shortly after she was taken” and was “buried in nature now.”

Just days earlier, the sheriff in charge of Guthrie’s kidnapping investigation noted that he was still optimistic they’ll solve the case, despite how long it’s been since Guthrie was first taken.

“We have so much DNA to sort through. We have so much, in terms of video evidence, to look at,” Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos shared in a “Today” news package at the time. “So I’m still positive that we’re going to resolve this case.”

Nancy Guthrie first went missing at the start of February, when she was kidnapped from her Tucson-area home. The Guthrie family has made several pleas to her abductors to release her, promising cooperation, and Savannah Guthrie offered a $1 million reward, in addition to the FBI’s $100,000 reward for information that leads to her recovery.

>

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.