Connect with us

Entertainment

No, Sebastian Stan Hasn’t Confirmed He Is Harvey Dent in ‘The Batman: Part 2’

Published

on

Sebastian Stan did not actually confirm that he is playing DC villain Harvey Dent in Matt Reeves upcoming “The Batman: Part 2.”

Le Journal du Dimanche reported Monday that the actor said, “I play Harvey Dent,” while discussing the film during an interview with the French outlet, which set social media ablaze Tuesday.

However, according to two insiders, Stan was misquoted and the French publication has since updated their misprint in the online article. The updated segment from the interview is below (via google translate).

What about Avengers: Doomsday, by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo, which is coming out on Dec. 16th?

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea. Because we didn’t have a script. We were just shooting scattered scenes. It’s a different way of working, continuous, constantly evolving. The producers didn’t want us to read it in its entirety, to avoid journalists asking us questions. (Laughs.) I’ve been following that rule for fifteen years now, I’m used to it. I also can’t say anything about “Matt Reeves’ The Batman: Part II .” The beauty of this profession also lies in participating in projects of this scale, which I love as a viewer. Right now, I’m really keen to see Christopher Nolan’s “The Odyssey”; it looks incredible.

Stan is perhaps best known for his role in another superhero franchise, playing Bucky Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier, in several Marvel Studios films, beginning with 2011’s “Captain America: The First Avenger” and most recently appearing in last year’s “Thunderbolts*.” He will also appear in Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Doomsday,” set for release Dec. 18.

>

Continue Reading

movies

‘Supergirl’ & ‘Oppenheimer’ Actor David Krumholtz Taking “An Indefinite Break” From Acting: “Frustrated, Fed Up, Fried”

Published

on

David Krumholtz will be taking a step back from Hollywood after the actor from Supergirl and Oppenheimer got real in a series of social media posts.

The actor made the decision to take “an indefinite break” after expressing being “frustrated, fed up, fried” with the business, as “the profession has lost its gleam.”

“I kinda sorta put my acting career on hold the other day. It’s been something I’ve been petrified to do for years,” Krumholtz posted on Threads. “Specifically, the fear was that I’d go broke and not be able to handle being out of the game. But I sent the definitive email.”

He continued, “And gotta say, a huge wave of relief washed over me. Not sure what I’m going to do for money instead, or how I’m going to do it, but I just removed a humongous burden, one that I truly didn’t fathom the weight of until it was gone. Frustrated, fed up, fried.”

Krumholtz’s announcement got messages of support, and the actor continued the conversation, replying to fans.

“The love and encouragement re: my last post is overwhelmingly surprising. Acting professionally is a very different concept than the exercise of acting itself,” he said. “I’ve enjoyed every single minute of exercising the muscle. I’ve enjoyed the fanfare. There was a time when being competitive and self-involved really served my pursuit. That time has passed. Much to MY overwhelming surprise. There will always be great joy in the exercise. But for me, the profession has lost its gleam.”

Lanterns actor Garret Dillahunt replied to Krumholtz, saying, “This is sad news for me. But I am happy for you. I understand completely.”

Krumholtz replied, “Garret, man. Means the world. Ain’t over, rather, redefining my terms. Hoping to find a new, more rewarding passion. Me, my product, and I mentality is not working anymore. I want to try to be of service. No crystal ball.”

The 10 Things I Hate About You actor further clarified that he’s “not quitting entirely,” adding, “Just taking a bit of a step back and an indefinite break. The stress of the moment has me wondering if there’s a higher calling to pursue. Thanks for the very kind thought. Means the world.”

Krumholtz has an extensive resumé in television and film. In 1993, he starred in Addams Family Values as Joel Glicker. The following year, he starred as the Head Elf Bernard in The Santa Clause, a role which he would reprise in 2002’s The Santa Clause 2 and in the Disney+ series The Santa Clauses.

Other films in which Krumholtz has starred include Slums of Beverly Hills (1998), 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), The Mexican (2001), Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004), Ray (2004), Serenity (2005), Superbad (2007), among many others. He also voiced Karrem Abdul Lavash in the animated film Sausage Party (2016), a role which he would reprise in the 2024 animated series Sausage Party: Foodtopia.

In 2023, he played Isidor Isaac Rabi in Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer, and earlier this year he played Zor-El in Supergirl.

>

Continue Reading

movies

Anne Hathaway ‘Pushed Hard’ to Get Julie Andrews in Princess Diaries 3

Published

on

Anne Hathaway is revealing that she “did push really hard” trying to get Julie Andrews to reprise her role as Queen Clarisse Renaldi in the upcoming third Princess Diaries installment.

During a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight after receiving her Disney Legends Honor at the D23 Expo, the Oscar winner reacted to Andrews saying she doesn’t “think I should be a part of” Princess Diaries 3.

“First of all, I just want to say if she has a change of heart, we’re down,” Hathaway said. “Just anything, really. But we also want to be respectful. Like, for goodness sakes, if anybody has contributed to the world of entertainment and to our collective joy, it’s her. Whatever she wants, we completely understand.”

However, The Odyssey actress added, “We did push really hard to see if she would want to do it.”

During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month, Andrews explained why she doesn’t see herself stepping into Queen Clarisse Renaldi’s shoes again. “I think the absolute truth is that I think I’m really past all that now,” The Sound of Music star confessed. “I’m not completely retired, but it’s a different kind of work that I do these days — [writing] books, and I do a lot of recording of podcasts and voiceovers. But truly, I don’t think I should be a part of it.”

While details surrounding Princess Diaries 3 are being kept under wraps, the movie is set to be a continuation of the film series, which centers on Mia Thermopolis (Hathaway), who finds out that she is the heir apparent to the throne of Genovia. At the end of the second installment, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, Mia is crowned the queen of Genovia single after Parliament abolishes the law requiring that a queen be married first. However, she also finally gets together with Nicholas Devereaux (Chris Pine) after calling off her wedding to Andrew Jacoby (Callum Blue).

Hathaway also told ET that she just wants the third installment “to be fun” for those who have been fans since the original film released in 2001.

“I want the women who were six when the first one came out — a lot of whom are now mothers themselves, maybe even with six-year-olds — I want them to feel like they’re bringing their children to something that mattered to them, a core memory for them, something that was a part of their heart and their lives,” she said. “And that means doing it justice. And that means taking the time that it takes to really build it right. That’s a lot of pressure, but I feel like this is a great team.”

Adele Lim has been tapped to direct the feature, with Flora Greeson writing the script. Aadrita Mukerji had written an earlier draft of the screenplay before the production team pivoted in a different direction.

>

Continue Reading

Entertainment

David Krumholtz Says He’s Taking an ‘Indefinite Break’ From Acting

Published

on

David Krumholtz shared that he’s taking an “indefinite break” from acting, saying he hopes to pursue “a higher calling” moving forward.

The veteran actor, known for his performances in “Numb3rs,” “The Santa Clause,” “10 Things I Hate About You,” “Oppenheimer” and “Supergirl,” issued a career update on Threads Monday, writing (before later deleting), “I kinda sorta put my acting career on hold the other day. It’s been something I’ve been petrified to do for years … Specifically, the fear was that I’d go broke and not be able to handle being out of the game.”

He added: “But I sent the definitive email … And gotta say, a huge wave of relief washed over me. Not sure what I’m going to do for money instead, or how I’m going to do it, but I just removed a humongous burden, one that I truly didn’t fathom the weight of until it was gone. Frustrated, fed up, fried.”

After the post picked up steam on Threads, with many friends and fans speaking out in support of Krumholtz, the actor clarified that he wasn’t officially retiring – just “redefining [his] terms.”

“Ain’t over, rather, redefining my terms,” he wrote. “Hoping to find a new, more rewarding passion. Me, my product, and I mentality is not working anymore. I want to try to be of service. No crystal ball.”

He expressed a similar sentiment to one fan who begged him not to quit, writing on Tuesday, “Not quitting entirely. Just taking a bit of a step back and an indefinite break. The stress of the moment has me wondering if there’s a higher calling to pursue. Thanks for the very kind thought. Means the world.”

As for what he’d like to do next? Krumholtz shared that he would like to “inspire kids in school through motivational speaking.”

In another deleted post, Krumholtz explained that “fighting for parts” this last year left him feeling frustrated, given the opportunities he came across were set to “exploit my talent and reputation for a drastically diminishing return.” 

“Exploitative art isn’t art,” he said in the since-deleted post. “And artists deserve a fair pay percentage for work that assists their employers in making profits.”

A representative for Krumholtz did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

>

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.