Entertainment
Morning Joe Slams Trump’s Foreign Policy Priorities
“Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough slammed the series of “jagged” foreign policy decisions that President Trump has made throughout his second term, concluding that the commander-in-chief “just wants a monument to himself.”
On Sunday, Trump ordered the Pentagon to scale back America’s annual military exercises with South Korea because of the country’s alleged refusal to help with denuclearization efforts involving Iran. Scarborough slammed that decision, characterizing it as part of an ongoing pattern of Trump alienating America’s allies and helping its enemies.
“You have the president deciding, because he likes a couple of love letters to and from [North Korea Supreme Leader] Kim Jong Un, that that’s going to replace 80 years of North Korea’s tyranny,” Scarborough said Monday. “Suddenly he’s okay with that.”
“He doesn’t have a good call with the leader of Switzerland, so again, a jagged move, he decides he’s going to raise tariffs on Switzerland,” Scarborough continued. “Canada, smoke comes over the border in natural forest fires? Jagged move. He decides he’s gonna [implement tariffs], or gonna talk about Canada being the 51st state.”
You can watch part of the “Morning Joe” segment yourself in the video below.
Scarborough went on to note that he could list “1,000 different things” Trump has done that has hurt America’s global standing and only seemingly benefitted the president himself.
“[He decides to] blow up the greatest alliance in history with NATO,” Scarborough said. “If you just look at what NATO has done from 1947 through 2026. [Trump wants to] blow that up because he decides he wants to take over Greenland.”
The “Morning Joe” host subsequently linked these foreign policy decisions to Trump’s ongoing renovations in Washington, D.C., categorizing it all as part of the president’s obsession with cementing his legacy before he has even left office.
“In the same way he wants to build an arch, in the same way that he wants his name on the Kennedy Center, he just wants a monument to himself,” Scarborough concluded Monday.
>
movies
Miami Vice ’85: Whitney Peak Joins Michael B. Jordan
Whitney Peak, one of the stars of the recent Gossip Girl reboot, has joined the cast of Universal’s Miami Vice ’85, being directed by Joseph Kosinski.
Peak joins Michael B. Jordan, Austin Butler and Alden Ehrenreich in the feature, which is eyeing a November production start in and will shoot in New York and Miami.
The new feature will explore the glamour and corruption of mid-’80s Miami in a new version of the property, inspired by the pilot episode of the landmark television series that influenced culture and set the style of everything from fashion to filmmaking.
Miami Vice began life as the Anthony Yerkovich-created TV series starring Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as two undercover Miami police officers known for their love of fast boats and pastel suits.
Jordan is playing Ricardo Tubbs while Butler is playing James Crockett, the two swagger-strutting detectives.
Peak is said to be playing Tubbs’ love interest.
Vice ‘85 will be filmed for IMAX and is set for release by Universal Pictures on May 19, 2028.
Producing is Dylan Clark via his Dylan Clark Productions and Kosinski, who previously helmed Top Gun: Maverick and F1.
Dan Gilroy is writing the script, based on characters created by Yerkovich. Eric Warren Singer wrote an earlier draft of the screenplay.
Peak, who is Ugandan and Canadian, broke through with a leading role in the 2019 reboot of soapy teen drama Gossip Girl and recurred on Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Apple TV’s Home Before Dark.
The actress had a leading role in Disney+’s Hocus Pocus 2, which had set the record for biggest opening weekend for a made-for-streaming movie on the platform. And she recently appeared in the Netflix shark thriller Thrash opposite Phoebe Dynevor, which was a surprise hit on Netflix which released worldwide in April.
Peak is poised to reach a wider audience this fall as she will next be seen playing a key role in The Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping, which Lionsgate releases Nov. 20.
The actress is repped by CAA and Jackoway Austen.
>
Entertainment
Paramount Wants Jon Stewart Back at ‘The Daily Show’ Beyond 2026
Paramount wants Jon Stewart back at Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” beyond the end of his current contract, a company insider told TheWrap, as questions emerge about the late-night host’s future under the company’s new ownership.
Semafor reported Sunday that Stewart and Paramount have yet to reach an extension beyond 2026, despite strong interest from the company in renewing his deal. Stewart’s current contract runs through December.
A Paramount insider stressed to TheWrap that the company wants Stewart back at “The Daily Show.”
The timing, however, is not necessarily unusual. Stewart did not extend his previous deal until November 2025, when Paramount announced he would continue hosting Monday nights through December 2026.
This time around, the question comes amid a changed landscape at Paramount and broader uncertainty surrounding the company’s late-night programming. CBS’ “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” ended in May after Paramount canceled the long-running late-night franchise.
Stewart remains a major part of Comedy Central’s strategy. “The Daily Show,” along with “South Park,” is a centerpiece of the network, according to the Paramount insider, who described Stewart as the show’s signature star.
The series posted its highest-rated second quarter among adults 18-49 since 2017 and its most-watched second quarter among total viewers since 2018, according to Nielsen data provided by Paramount. The show has also posted year-over-year growth across key social benchmarks and received three Emmy nominations this year.
Stewart hosts “The Daily Show” on Mondays and serves as an executive producer, while members of the show’s news team and correspondents rotate behind the desk Tuesdays through Thursdays. Those Tuesday-through-Thursday telecasts are up 66% year over year among adults 18-49, according to Paramount.
Stewart returned to “The Daily Show” in 2024, nearly nine years after ending his original 16-year run as host. He initially returned to host Monday nights through the 2024 election cycle before extending his stay through 2025 and, last November, through the end of 2026.
What happens after that remains unclear. Paramount, for its part, has made clear it wants Stewart to stay.
>
movies
Creator Management Firm CMG Talent Unveils Raft Of Hires
EXCLUSIVE: Creator management biz CMG Talent has unveiled ten hires, including new talent managers.
Kelsey Brown and Paige Biundo been named Senior Talent Manager, with Sandra Ortiz, Ryan Rodriguez and Katie McElveen coming onboard as Talent Managers, and Gabriela Kukura, Reese Amador, Ally Philips, and Juanita Cortés hired at coordinator level. Taylor Kiesel has also joined as Senior Director of Publicity.
CMG Talent Group CEO Joey Roesler said the hires were reflective of the changing face of creator talent management.
“Modern talent representation requires far more than negotiating inbound brand deals,” he added. “We are investing in the people and infrastructure to proactively build careers — through business development, publicity, legal and licensing expertise, brand strategy, and holistic talent management. These additions are another major step in that direction.”
Brown joins following a spell at Dulcedo, with Biundo joining after a spell at Neon Rose Agency. Ortiz has worked art Dulcedo and Whalar, while Rodriguez had roles at Untitled Secret and A24. McElveen previously advised on IP and licensing matters and provided counsel at CMG Worldwide.
CMG’s has a roster of more than 100 clients, including Alessandra Yarleque, Alyssa Jaffe, Zoë Ferguson, Nabihah Ahmad and Jordan Smikle.
The company, which launched in 2024, is part of CMG Worldwide, the international licensing company that represents the estates of many dead celebrities, sports players and entertainment stars.
>
-
movies3 months agoSearch For Canadian TV Actor Stewart McLean Now Homicide Investigation
-
Fashion9 years agoThese ’90s fashion trends are making a comeback in 2017
-
Fashion9 years agoAccording to Dior Couture, this taboo fashion accessory is back
-
Fashion9 years agoModel Jocelyn Chew’s Instagram is the best vacation you’ve ever had
-
Fashion9 years agoEmily Ratajkowski channels back-to-school style
-
Fashion9 years ago9 Celebrities who have spoken out about being photoshopped
-
Fashion9 years agoYour comprehensive guide to this fall’s biggest trends
-
Fashion9 years agoA photo diary of the nightlife scene from LA To Ibiza
