
‘Sons of Anarchy’
FX
José Suárez, president and general manager of Telemundo 31, Telemundo 49, and Telemundo Ft. Myers–Naples, died. He was 55.
The Telemundo executive died on Wednesday, August 19, following a helicopter crash in Kenya, NBC6 reports.
“We are heartbroken to learn the tragic news that José was killed in a helicopter accident in Kenya,” NBCU Newsgroup Chairman César Conde, NBCU Local Chairman Valari Staab, and Telemundo Station Group President José Cancela said in a statement.
The statement continued, “José was an exceptional colleague who cared deeply about his teams, the communities they served and the important role our stations play in people’s lives. He brought energy, humor, warmth and a strong sense of purpose to his work, and his impact was felt far beyond the stations he led. Our hearts are with his loved ones, and with all of José’s colleagues and friends who are grieving this terrible loss.”
Suárez was previously the President and General Manager of the Telemundo stations in Fresno (KNSO), Sacramento (KCSO), and Utah (KULX). In his position, he led all station operations, including news/digital, sales, marketing/promotions, human resources, community affairs, and technology/operations.
Before that, Suárez worked at NBC 6 / WTVJ, where he worked as Director of Creative Services and Local Programming, Executive Producer for the station’s local weekday entertainment show 6 in The Mix, and as an Executive Producer for NBC 6’s local weekday newscasts.
Prior to joining NBCUniversal, Suárez worked as News Director for CW South Florida / WSFL, Fox Toledo / WUPW and NBC 3 San Angelo / KSAN.
Over the years, Suárez received numerous awards, including a Suncoast Chapter Emmy award for “Outstanding Station Promotion Image” for his work at NBC 6, three Cleveland chapter Emmy awards for “Outstanding Daily Newscast” (Market 41+), and numerous Associated Press awards for his work at Fox Toledo / WUPW.
>
As Chris Hansen gets the A24 treatment with Primetime, he’s keeping an open mind.
The former host of To Catch a Predator recently confirmed he’s “going to see” the Lance Oppenheim-helmed thriller, which stars Robert Pattinson as Hansen, after the film’s team invited him to a private screening.
“We had heard that this was in the works. A couple months ago, they came out and said, ‘Hey, look, we’re doing this. We’d like you to have some sort of consideration in terms of helping us with this.’ I haven’t seen it,” he said on the Serialously podcast. “I’m going to get a private screening in the next week or so and then I’ll be able to tell you whether I like it or don’t like it, and how dramatized it is.”
Hansen added, “My suspicion is that they used my name because it helps in a commercial enterprise. And until I see the full movie, I as a reporter—it’s sort of silly for me to talk about something that I haven’t seen yet. So, I’m going to see it.”
Noting he’s “seen the trailer” for the Ajon Singh-penned film, Hansen said it “looks very dramatic.”
“But again, I’ve been busy being the real Chris Hansen, so I don’t have a lot of time to focus on the fake Chris Hansen,” he said of Pattinson. “I know that he’s a very popular actor. I know that the director is a popular guy, but I also have some questions. What’s Hollywood’s motive here? We don’t know, but I’ll find out and I’ll promise I’ll let you know.”
With Pattinson playing him, Hansen explained he “didn’t get to choose my own guy here,” revealing who he had in mind. “I had discussions years ago—I had crafted a script, and I thought Dennis Leary would be a good guy to play me, depending on the age of it all,” he said.
Premiering Sept. 25 in theaters, Primetime follows Chris Hansen (Pattinson) as he attempts to make television history with NBC’s To Catch a Predator (2004-’07), a hidden camera show that set up stings for adult men seeking sex from minors online.
>
The Georgian film industry is, in Ana Urushadze’s words, “in a dead-end situation.”
Directors, producers, writers and performers are boycotting the Georgian National Film Center (GNFC). Among other issues, they’re protesting the state funding agency over censorship concerns. “Unfortunately, the people who should care and have the means to turn the situation around don’t do that. It’s a dead-end situation at this point,” she says. “The people boycotting, I know many of them and there are very, very talented people there. Ones who have not had any possibility to do a feature film yet, and possibly will not have [the chance] in the near future. Time goes by, and films are not being made.”
Urushadze’s second feature film, premiering in competition at the Sarajevo Film Festival nine years after her debut film Scary Mother won the Heart of Sarajevo, was one of the last projects to make it out before the situation worsened.
The Tbilisi-set Supporting Role follows Niaz Ninua (played by Dato Bakhtadze), a fading Georgian film star accustomed to playing heroic lead roles. After meeting with a young, female director, Aza (Elene Maisuradze), who offers him the chance to play a bizarre and deeply unsympathetic character in her debut feature, Niaz leaves the audition unconvinced (and pretty offended). But he soon embarks on something of an odyssey around the city and gradually surrenders to the role. Captivated by the unknown, meeting characters as elusive as those in a Homer epic, Niaz sets in motion an irreversible process of self-transformation.
“To me, ultimately, it’s a film about realizing the elusive nature of reality, and taking control of your life,” the Georgian filmmaker tells The Hollywood Reporter from Sarajevo’s National Theatre on Wednesday. We are catching up ahead of the movie’s competition premiere before a star-studded jury — led by Oscar nominee Emily Watson — decides on a winning film later this week.
Urushadze’s meta-ish project is inspired by a lot of prevalent, 21st-century themes: the generational gap, creative liberation and legacy. Inspiration struck when she herself was casting the main actor for her debut feature. “I was meeting all these men [who were] 60, 70 years old. And I had a really interesting encounter with one of them who got offended because I was very young — very [much] a beginner,” she laughs. “He was waiting for a more established director and he rushed out. It was really inspirational for me. I started thinking about this character: ‘Who is it? What would he be like?’”
Niaz is played with self-effacing vulnerability by Bakhtadze, who is “a delight” to work with, according to the director. “You can really see how he loves and how comfortable he is in what he’s doing. It’s always inspiring to see people doing something that they are really passionate about and professional,” she says. The journey he goes on is about “letting go of the script that others gave you — literally,” explains Urushadze.
She admits that themes around the ego and male fragility weren’t exactly planned. “Many actors of that generation have shared traits — they lived through the same era, the same problems, and it automatically marked them in some way. That by itself appears in the film, but it wasn’t my main idea. I didn’t really overthink it. It happened by itself,” Urushadze says. “There is a big generation gap,” she adds. “[Aza] is, I guess, Gen Z, and he’s the boomer generation. It’s a very big gap. Especially in Georgia.”
Being in Sarajevo is, however, a privilege — no matter how bad things are in the Georgian film industry. “I’m very, very happy to be here, and it’s very important. Especially in this [current climate], when you don’t really see perspective,” Urushadze beams. “And it gives you opportunities to connect with people, to share new ideas and get someone interested in a new project.
Is she thinking about that next project yet? And is she staying resolute in the face of a warring film community? “By all means, of course. I take it one step at a time. I have a new idea, I’m working on it. I’m trying to make a script, and it’s a pity that maybe it won’t be Georgian — the next one. I don’t know. You have to have a major fund from Georgia for it to be called a Georgian [production], but I don’t want to stop doing what I love.”
The 2026 Sarajevo Film Festival runs Aug. 14-21.
>
Emmy nominee Charlie Hunnam (Monster: The Ed Gein Story, Sons of Anarchy) is putting the M.C. back together—sort of–for an all-new limited series.
FX has ordered Legends, a meta-thriller developed and executive produced by Hunnam, who will also star, and Jonathan Groff (Happy Endings, This Fool). Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal, Maggie Siff, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Kim Coates and Theo Rossi join Hunnam on this new adventure. Additional casting will be announced at a later date.
On Legends, when the cast of Sons of Anarchy (who will all play themselves) reunites at a fan convention after more than a decade, the line between life and art blurs as the fractured brotherhood finds itself up against a real-world threat more dangerous than anything they ever faced in their show.
The project has been in development with Hunnam for at least three years at FX, before Groff joined the project more recently.
Sons of Anarchy, created by Kurt Sutter, ran for 7 seasons on FX, with the series concluding in 2014. In the 12 years since, many of the original cast reconnect for fan conventions on a pretty regular basis. Sutter is not credited as being involved in the new show Legends.

‘Sons of Anarchy’
FX
The greenlight arrives following Hunnam’s rave reviews in the FX crime-drama series Monster: The Ed Gein Story, portraying the titular suspected serial killer. For his work, he received his first Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie.
“When Charlie brought us this inspired idea, we instantly sparked to his bold and entertaining vision,” said Nick Grad, FX Entertainment President. “Charlie’s talents are on full display as a writer, performer and executive producer, leading the real-life brotherhood on an adventure that is both a love letter to the series and a fun meta twist on what fans think they know.”
FX’s Legends is developed and executive produced by Hunnam and Jonathan Groff, with Rob Mac, Nicholas Frenkel and Jackie Cohn also serving as executive producers. The series will be produced by FX Productions and 20th Television and will be available to watch on FX and Hulu.
>
Search For Canadian TV Actor Stewart McLean Now Homicide Investigation
These ’90s fashion trends are making a comeback in 2017
According to Dior Couture, this taboo fashion accessory is back
Model Jocelyn Chew’s Instagram is the best vacation you’ve ever had
Emily Ratajkowski channels back-to-school style
9 Celebrities who have spoken out about being photoshopped
Your comprehensive guide to this fall’s biggest trends
A photo diary of the nightlife scene from LA To Ibiza